Thursday, July 19, 2007

Chic Getaway

It's almost the weekend which makes me think about getting away. I'm going to the Hamptons this weekend but one of my favorite places for peace and quiet is Maine, where many chic New Yorkers also go to getaway. One of those chicettes is Patricia Herrera Lansing and her family.

I love how the outside of the house looks like an old fashioned barn with antique wicker furniture on the porch, while the interior is open and modern with a mix of antiques and contemporary furniture.

I love how the antique farm equipment, painted in bright colors by Patricia's mother-in-law, looks like sculpture outside the entrance to the main house. What an original and creative idea!

Photos by Eric Cahan

7 comments:

eric said...

Love the blog. Keep up the good work. Keep eye out of the Oct cover of House & Garden.

Habitually Chic said...

Ha! You love the blog because I keep featuring your work! Can't wait to see what you shot for the October House & Garden. I love your work!

By the way, your management team needs to update your web site.

eric said...

I love the blog because it's great. Ha! And of course you use great photography.

I can't update my website because i'm not allowed to with Conde Nast until 90 Days after it's been published.

Anyway i'll give you one small hint of the Oct cover. The initials are GP.

Eric Cahan

Habitually Chic said...

Eric, you're so sweet!

My guess for October is Gwyneth Paltrow. Did you shoot her Hampton's house? How very exciting if it is her. I bet that was an interesting shoot. Feel free to spill some secrets!

As happy as I am for your cover, it means that the project of ours that Simon Upton shot recently is not on the October cover. I'll keep my fingers crossed for November.

eric said...

Well the cover just became a Nov cover so you might still be in luck for Oct.

Still can't say who it is but i'm soon as i'm able to share some photos i will.

Keep up the good work

Habitually Chic said...

Eric, sorry to hear you were bumped...but not if it means we got the cover ;-)

I have to say, the September cover was a bit disappointing after your beautiful cover. I like seeing real people and their homes on a cover that make me drool.

Hopefully, November will be better!

katiedid said...

You have made me very curious about who you work for?!! I have discovered you through ALL THE BEST and think your blog is great. I am linking you to mine so I can keep an eye on your blog! OUr tastes are about identical I think ;)

Good luck with your blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails