Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Do Not Disturb

At first, I thought a post about bathrooms might seem weird but I don't consider my bathroom pictured below to be any less important than any other room in my home. In fact, when I move, it's one of the first rooms I put together. So when I ran across the photo above in H&G, it reminded me of my bathroom, although, I think have loved a claw foot tub in that room instead of the uncomfortable looking rectangular thing.

I LOVE clean white bathrooms! I think there is something so fresh about them. And I love to accessorize with my black and white photos of the beach and lighthouses, as well as with shells and natural colors. For me, it has a calming effect after the craziness of the city.

This bathroom is so spacious and luxurious it's probably bigger than my entire apartment! And it's so chic that I'm ready to move in!

Photos by Oberto Gili, moi and Jose Picayo

6 comments:

Zim Loy said...

Just discovered your blog via patricia gray's blog and was surprised to see, just a couple of shots down, a very familiar bathroom. It belongs to my friend David Jimenez and was featured in this month's House Beautiful, and it was featured in my magazine, Kansas City Spaces, earlier this year. Yes, we have some great homes here in Missouri!
Great blog, I'll check in frequently.

Habitually Chic said...

Zim Loy, you've got a good eye! I didn't mention David in this post because I was saving his home to feature in a later post so I hope you'll check back. And thanks for the compliment!

katiedid said...

I am hooked on white bathrooms too. Kerry Joyce has a few bathrooms published that I just love, and same with Michael Smith. Heaven!

Yours is great! Love the horizontal arrangement of the photos.

Cote de Texas said...

This bathroom is gorgeous. Yours looks nice too. I love the photographs in both of them. Show us more!!


Joni

Habitually Chic said...

Joni, my apartment is probably smaller than your foyer in Texas so there's not much to see but I might post some more images soon.

I want to do some redecorating but it's too darn hot so maybe in September.

David Jimenez said...

My name is David Jimenez and I can't tell you how flattering it was to see my bathroom on your blog. Looking forward to see what you do with the balance of the photos of the house. I would love to send you some shots of me and my bio if your interested. It's always a pleasure to connect with someone that shares a similar sensibility. I really enjoy your blog- keep up the great work!

My email is: davidjimenezkc@yahoo.com

David

Related Posts with Thumbnails