Monday, September 24, 2007

I Heart Assouline

I love books! As does everyone in the blog world it seems, which is why I thought I'd take a moment to profile one of the chicest luxury publishers ever, Assouline. It's surprising that the company was only created by Proper Assouline about ten years ago. For some reason, it seems like they have been around forever! As one person said it best, "As Cartier is to watches, Assouline is to books."

Not only are their books chic, but so is their Paris boutique on the rue Bonaparte seen below. I could spend hours there checking out their finely illustrated books, including some of their newest titles for Fall 2007, American Fashion, Dior, and Inspired Styles. I know they will be on everyone's wish list soon, including mine!



8 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

There is always an Assouline book on my wish list!

Habitually Chic said...

Peak, they certainly are very good at creating wish list books!

RJH dl H said...

I just love this book boutique,scanning the shelves,the tables,adore viewing new books,it is a treat to the senses to open up a new fresh book and take in a deep snif.

I always leave with at least one new book but usually it is more than one!And then strolling over to Cafe de Flore or Les Deux Margots finding a seat and then unwrapping my book and sit there reading and sipping my chocolate chaud!

Sheer Parisian moments at its best!

ALL THE BEST said...

I check their site religiously for books I "need" and for new releases!

Habitually Chic said...

RJH dl H, I wish we had an Assouline store here! There is a boutique in Saks and a small one in Berdorf's but it's just not the same. And Rizzoli isn't even in the same league. Although, they are nice.

Habitually Chic said...

Ronda, I think I've hit my quota of books for the year but I know I will just keep buying more. It's an obsession!

Style Saves the World said...

Those little dishes couldn't be more adorable. Especially the envelope one! I'd say it would make a great spot to keep your mail, but who could cover that dish up?

www.stylesavestheworld.com

be glam. live green.

Suzy said...

They do create beautiful books don't they...I have a few on my wishlist too...but my book collction is a bit out of control - I love them, and my husband is a publisher too, so together its a bit nuts. Although it is a good excuse to create a library at home!

Related Posts with Thumbnails