Thursday, August 9, 2007

Yves Klein Part Deux

Don't you just hate it when you think you have a great idea for a post and someone beats you to it! I've been meaning to write about Yves Klein for awhile now and this morning, who do I see profiled by Nick Olsen over at Domino, but Yves Klein! So, I decided if you can't beat 'em, you might as well join 'em.

The photo above is a project my firm did for a client whose homes are among my favorites and below is the New York apartment of interior designer David Netto that was profiled in Vogue many years ago. I LOVE David Netto! I'm definitely going to have to profile him again later.

Anyway, I think they both show how something as modern as an Yves Klein table can look so at home next to an ancient Roman sculpture and surrounded antique furniture. If you design with what you love, you can never go wrong and what could be chicer than that?!

Photos by Bruce Buck and Francois Halard

9 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Everytime I see the name Yves Klein I immediately think of Netto's apartment! You're right, too, about decorating with what you love.

Mélanie said...

As I have already written in domino's post .I call this blue also the Majorelle's blue . I use it a lot in my remodelings because it matches so well with our mediterranean deisgn.
mélanie xx

Brilliant Asylum said...

Great mix of furniture styles in the "Tale of Two Cities" photo.

Cote de Texas said...

Hey Habit girl - you can't IMAGINE how many times I've been beat to the punch and it's so upsettin because you don't want to look like you're copying or idea-less. But let me tell you, take a look at Peak of Chic's and Style Court's archive and you'll wonder if anything has not been blogged about before. Like Patricia Gray told me - post it, and give it your own spin. And so, I tell you - Post it and give it your own spin. Loving your blog every day.

JOni

Habitually Chic said...

Thanks for the sweet words of encouragement Joni! I didn't want to be a copycat but then I realized that it's not a competition to see who can be first and sometimes it's fun to read a different take on the same subject.

katiedid said...

You are not alone with the desire to be original! Joni is so right! It's a jungle out there. But you already have a very sophisticted and original point of view. I enjoy your very thoughtful posts so much!

AND this table is a work of art! I have a Mies Barcelona table which, although a classic, pales in comparison.

Alice Olive said...

I am not a designer but can I just say these are beautiful. I love the rich mix of colours and the symetric designs. The first photo is simply beautiful.

Habitually Chic said...

Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments!

And to Alice Olive, the first photo is my absolute favorite of any job we've done. House and Garden recently shot it with Simon Upton for the magazine and I have my fingers crossed that they would put that image on the cover.

Leyre said...

I'm a little behind here because I just found your blog today but that's actually part of my point ;) Everyone can't read EVERY design blog out there, so if I didn't read Domino's blogs then I might never have seen a profile of Yves Klein if you hadn't done one, know what I mean?

I just started keeping my own blog and I had the same feeling, I felt silly writing about design and designers when a)I have no training or experience in the field and b)a billion other people are writing about it. Then I realized that I really wanted the blog more for me (if other people want to read it that's cool) as a place to sort of corral all the cool stuff I see and love, so I think it helps if you think of it that way too ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails