Monday, September 10, 2007

Habitually Chic Designers: Loeffler Randall

I can't tell you how much I love Loeffler Randall shoes. Every season, I check out their line sheets and wish I could buy every pair. In a city where everyone is wearing the same old Louboutins, they area a breath of fresh air.

The married designing duo, Jessie Randall and Brian Murphy, have had quite a year too. Jessie won the CFDA Swarovski Award for accessory design, gave birth to twins and launched a ready to wear line. I haven't been able to find their clothes in the stores yet, but when I do, I am sure they will be just as chic as their shoes and their apartment in Brooklyn, seen here.

After the apartment was featured in the September 2006 issue of Domino, they caused a complete sell-out of the For Like Ever poster featured above and probably the green West Elm chairs that never seemed to be available online either.

I love that their their apartment although furnished with couches from Room and Board and a desk and chairs from West Elm still looks personal and interesting due to their creative displays and accessories.

I think everyone should have a gallery wall of eclectic art and photography. The diverse the better. I also love the cork lamp decorated with photo-booth strips of the designers and a vintage brooch. It's the personal touches that give their home character, as well as their shoes.

Photos by Max Kim-Bee

15 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

I really like this apt- eclectic. I'm dying to see the new clothing line in person too :)

Brilliant Asylum said...

Funny. I was admiring this apartment in an old Domino last night. I love that it is fresh with just enough quirk.

Mrs. Blandings said...

so chic.

katie said...

thanks for posting all these lovely photos of people's homes. are we ever going to see photos of YOUR home? i'm really curious and would love to see how you've decorated it!

Habitually Chic said...

Hi Katie, thanks for stopping by. The intention of my blog was to be about great style and design but not necessarily about my home. I think there enough bloggers out there discussing theirrenovation projects ad nauseum. That being said, I had planned to show some photos of my apartment at some point so keep checking back.

Suzy said...

Thanks for posting - this is from an issue of Domino I don't have, so its great to see these pics. What a great apartment. And I'll keep my eyes open for their shoes too - do they have a website?

Suzy said...

Oooh, so excited - just found their website, their shoes are sooo cute! AND (this is the best bit, for me anyway) - they already have a retailer in Hong Kong. Yay!!

Habitually Chic said...

Suzy, I was just about to send you the website link. So glad you found it and that you can buy them in Hong Kong! I love their designs! I always get compliments on them every time I wear them. You'll have to keep me posted on which pair or pairs you buy!

melissa @ the inspired room said...

Hello! I am not habitually chic by any stretch of the imagination, but I do work in interior design, for the more "non-chic folks". :-) And I mean that in the nicest possible way! All people deserve nice homes and I am happy to do my part. I do try to learn from the very chic, such as yourself, so I am glad to have found your blog.

I have put out a post today for people to add their timeless classics for design, and would welcome any ideas you have if you have time to stop in!

Thanks again for your blog and I look forward to upping my chic factor by reading! :-)

Melissa

Alice Olive said...

I love the art-wall.

When I visited Frank Lloyd Wright's home, we were informed he liked to "rotate the art on display".

I liked that! I am not permitted to put picture hooks on my apartment walls and it's killing me not to have anything on display. So I borrowed the idea bought a few easels and am now rotating too!

Habitually Chic said...

Alice Olive, I cannot believe you can't put any art on your walls! I would die! Too bad your apt doesn't have picture rails. I have a small gallery wall above my sofa that I have to post at some point. The easel idea is very creative alternative though!

ALL THE BEST said...

Just went to their website and I LOVE their shoes. Maybe I should get a pair next month. The exchange rate is GREAT for purchases with my UK bank card (half the price!).

Habitually Chic said...

Rhonda,

You should definitely get a pair! I always get mine at Bergdorf's but I just realized they have the ready to wear and shoes at a few stores downtown. I see some serious shopping coming up!

katiedid said...

Greast apartment with some creative ideas! The cork lamp is great! Now I'm off to shop for shoes.

Anonymous said...

Where can I find LR in Hong Kong?

Related Posts with Thumbnails