Thursday, September 27, 2007

Stalking Albert Hadley

I thought you might all get a kick out of this photo I took the other day to send to Patricia Gray, the fabulous Canadian interior designer who has a major crush on Albert Hadley. I've joked with her in the past about how I see him standing outside his office every morning smoking his signature Camel cigarettes and that I was going to take a photo of him for her and this week, I finally did it. My only advice to other would-be stalkers out there is that you should never wear your most wildly patterned and colorful dress while you are trying to covertly take someone's photo. If you look really closely, I definitely think Mr. Hadley has spotted the crazy girl across the street taking his photo. Should make for an interesting story when I do finally interview him. But it was worth it to make Patricia smile and I hope it makes you smile today too!

16 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

Furthering my full on envy of your life.

Habitually Chic said...

Oh Mrs. Blandings, you're too funny! I was too chicken to actually speak to him so you can't be that envious.

My friend Jennifer said she would call over to ask him if I could interview him but I think the next time I see him, I will just go for it and try to explain what a blog is. Carpe diem!

Brilliant Asylum said...

You may have another career as one of the papparazzi. So funny.

The Peak of Chic said...

Oh I just so love him! I would have major heart palpitations just being near him :)

patricia gray said...

Hi Heather
You have made my day again and caused my eyes to tear with laughter. Your next big coup d'essai for me will be the INTERVIEW. Happy Albert stalking
and well-done.

Habitually Chic said...

BA, I'll remember to dress in neutral colors if I ever do decide to became a paparrazzi photog.

Habitually Chic said...

Peak of Chic, I feel the same way. Now you understand why I couldn't just go up to him and start talking.

Habitually Chic said...

Anything for you Patricia!

Suzy said...

Fantastic! You've made all our day by the sounds of it. I'm sure at least when you do go over to interview him he'll remember you - good or bad!

Jackie Von Tobel said...

Oh, so near and yet so far. How can you restrain yourself? In true stalker fashion you should start walking down that side of the street every morning and just give him a casual hello. Then one day you can accidentally run into him or spill something on him ( maybe not such a great idea) something. It's Kismet!

ALL THE BEST said...

This is great, how funny!!!!

Style Court said...

Hysterical! I wonder how often Hadley has stalkers. Hope you get the interview -- maybe even a tour of that apartment too.

Habitually Chic said...

Suzy, if nothing else, I hope I'm good for a laugh!

Habitually Chic said...

Jackie, his office is directly across the street and in the middle of the block so it would be kind of weird to walk by and then have to cross over but I'll have to see what I can do. I'm definitely not going to spill anything on him, at least not on purpose ;-)

Habitually Chic said...

Ronda, so glad you find me amusing ;-)

Habitually Chic said...

Style Court, I haven't seen any stalkers in the neighborhood but I have seen paparrazzi chasing Ivana Trump.

Related Posts with Thumbnails