Monday, October 8, 2007

Gwyneth Paltrow Chandelier Update

I'm so glad everyone enjoyed the behind the scenes look at the Gwyneth Paltrow photo shoot for House and Garden. I don't want to beat a dead horse but there was a lot of interest in and questions about the Tord Boontje for Swarovski Crystal Palace Blossom Chandelier that hung in Gwyneth's dining room that I thought I would take a second to answer everyone.

House and Garden has Gwyneth Paltrow's Decorating Notebook posted online today but they failed to mention the chandelier, probably because they knew you would fall over from shock when you found out how much it costs! The large Blossom Chandelier which is what Gwyneth has costs $37,500! And in case that's too much for you, the small Blossom Chandelier costs only $22,500. A veritable bargain! Just kidding. I think it's actually quite ridiculous for something that was designed in 2002 to cost so much. An 18th-century antique is understandable to me but Swarovski chandelier kind of boggles my mind. But then again, I'm not a movie star with an unlimited budget. In case you aren't either, then I suggest the Garland Light suspension lamp below also from Tord Boontje at a must more reasonable $90. It comes in brass or silver and would be fun in a kid's room or a modern apartment. Or you could always find something cheap and vintage and spruce it up. That's usually my first inclination but I'm curious as to what you all think.


I also thought you might want to see another photo Eric Cahan sent me of Gwyneth during the photo shoot. I guess we can add stylist to her new list of job titles. I thought it was a cute photo. Of course, if they were shooting my home, I would probably be obsessing just like her! And I promise no more Gwyneth Paltrow posts this week!

Photos courtesy of Eric Cahan and Moss

21 comments:

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

Please don't apologize - we love all the back stories and the behind the scenes info. Love, love, love your blog.

Habitually Chic said...

Thanks LPE, I was worried everyone would be sick Gwyneth by now.

Things That Inspire said...

Wow - I did not expect that chandelier to be quite so expensive! It is beautiful, though.

Habitually Chic said...

Things that Inspire, neither did I. I live in NYC so my sense of cost is already skewed but even I was shocked. But yes, it is pretty. And good for her. If she can afford it, why not buy it.

design for mankind. said...

SOOOOO lovely!!!

Ilovemywoman said...

Give me babies honey.

Habitually Chic said...

Well, I knew I would eventually have to enable the comment moderation feature and thanks to the last comment that's what I have had to do. I knew it was too good to last. Oh well.

Brilliant Asylum said...

What does that even mean?

Anyway I love the Gwynnie posts--even if with each one she finds a new way to mock us with her skinny fabulousness. Feel free to keep them coming!

Habitually Chic said...

BA, I'm assuming it's from the same man in Nigeria who keeps telling me I won the lottery. LOL!

She is skinny fabulous. I have more photos but I think I am done with her. She makes me feel unfabulous. Lol.

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks for the update and I just loved all the behind the scenes photos too! I think you're right she's quite the stylist as well. Oh, and um give me babies...love the odd ball comments and thanks for sharing those! Don't listen to that guy...I bet the likelihood for winning a Nigerian lottery is slim to none :)

Suzy said...

Wow, that is a little over the top - its gorgeous but way more than I would have expected too.

jo said...

Ooh love this blog - don't feel you need to stop the Gwyneth posts. If you have any more behind the scenes pics, post away! Some of us can't get enough.

Jordan Cappella said...

Shannon shapiro of mothdesign.com has a similar light for around 1/4 of that price.

Mélanie said...

I just love ...LOVE ..LOVE this chandelier

franki durbin said...

Lovely chandelier. completely impractical due to my ever-changing tastes, but lovely nonetheless.

About Gwyneth... I find it endearing that she was so involved in the shoot. She's taken quite a beating on the blogs this past week, but my expose to her behind the scenes only made me appreciate her more for the woman she seems to be at home.

Thanks for the follow up!

Alice Olive said...

Thanks for the last photo. I completely understand Gwyneth obsessing over the little details - I would too! Isn't that what we all do? She's human after all.

I do it just when I'm taking a pic of my house to send to family at home.... which is a far cry from actually being featured in print (oh, and being worthy of it!!)!

Be the change..... said...

Don't apologize for posting too much on gwenyth - the apt is FABULOUS and you keep providing us with even MORE interesting information! However...I did not need to know the chandelier cost as much as a nice car.....WOW! Thats just depressing LOL

Mark Cutler said...

Looking forward to reading the article--the Mags seem to be piling up lately! You have sparked my interest~

GAILE GUEVARA said...

LOveLOVE your blog ... it's actually addicting to read your posts that I have to comment and take a break to come back for more. I think I was browsing and came across your blog on a google search on Michael Minkoff - architect Gwyneth worked with. What a pleasant surprise to read about your background as local New Yorker in the design industry. Love that you shared your behind the scenes pics. I'm not sure if you've shared which company you work with - would be interesting to see the work of your firm. It's slowly happening where the industry will realize how valuable this blogging community is for getting the word out there on good work. Great Work, looking forward to being a regular reader. Feel free to stop by my blog, just getting back to blogging again - would love to hear your comments. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

The chandelier is lovely.

Anonymous said...

You can get a chandelier like that at a fraction of the price! Check out www.et2online.com! They have some amazing stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails