Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Josephine Ryan and the French Home

Since a few reviewers on a certain shopping website had a problem with Vintage French Interiors not actually featuring any home interiors, so I thought those folks might enjoy French Home by Josephine Ryan. I flipped through the book at Anthropologie and thought it looked beautiful. Then I realized that Ms. Ryan owns a antiques shop in London. The kind of shop I dream of owning one day. It may be a little shabby chic for some people but you don't need to decorate your entire home with vintage pieces if it's not your style. Just add a few pieces here and there for character and enjoy!

63 Abbeville Road
London SW4 9JW
United Kingdom
+44 20 86753900






12 comments:

Melinda said...

I absolutely LOVE your blog- I love all things French & vintage! I went antiquing this weekend and wish I had found some items like you have in the pictures- maybe next time!

Rowena said...

I love, love, love that you're lately featuring all these vintage things, I love them! Your photos of Ms. Ryan's shop makes me ache. I sure hope my plans to jet off to Paris and London in May actually happen! (Gotta renew my passport first!)

stacy said...

The patio furniture makes me want to move right now. I love this!

so_chic_darling said...

Well French Granny's greenhouse is so much chicer non?

Lisa Wilson (& Alfie!) at The Pickled Hutch said...

Looks like an image I have of my store when I picture it all grown up. Just like French Country Antiques Store in Kentucky. I love her style.
Lisa & Alfie

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

BEAUTIFUL book! GORGEOUS home! Thanks for the great post! Ltnn

S.HOPtalk said...

Hi:

I'm new to Habitually Chic...just wanted to say hi and tell you how much I LOVE these photos...dreamy and inspiring.

Great blog...I'll definitely be back.

~S.HOPkins

Villa Anna said...

Hello, I'm a long time reader but first time commentor :)

I own this book and it's fast becomming one of my very favourites.

Josephine's store is heavenly. For me it would be a dream come true to own a store just like hers.

I loved this post - thank you.

Anna :)

katiedid said...

I have this book too, but was unfamiliar with the shop. Thanks for the peek and the information!

Easy and Elegant Life said...

I think that your comment about mixing in a few pieces hits the nail on the head. I'm beginning to believe that, like most things, good decor is all in the mix.

pinkstilettos said...

Oh Awesome Post! I love the french Home thing and the fireplace is Great!

Sabina said...

I love everything pictured!!

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails