Thursday, April 24, 2008

Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse - Part One

The annual Kips Bay Decorator Show House in New York starts today, Thursday, April 24th and runs through May 22nd. This year, not only is the "house" 2 blocks from my apartment, but it's also not really a house. I was under the assumption that the Show Houses were always in a townhouse but that's not the case this year since it's taken over six apartments in a huge condo building at 200 East 66th Street.

I will be visiting the Show House this weekend and will post some photos early next week but until then, I thought it would be fun to revisit last year's Show House. I will also add designer credits later when I have more time! Until then, enjoy a look back at 2007 and get ready for 2008!














12 comments:

design - 59 said...

I can't wait!! I'll be there this weekend too, I'm sure dragging my husband along - I think he might like it though.

Habitually Chic said...

Design 59, I'll be there on Sunday. Maybe we'll run into each other!

erika - urban grace said...

PLLLLEASE take me with you! This is when I wonder why I live where I do?

Magnolia Wedding Planner said...

Wow every single room is amazing! What a pity I'm not nearer :-( but I hope you'll enjoy yourself a lot!
Have fun dear
Silvia

My Notting Hill said...

My 9 yr old daughter and I are taking the train up from DC to go to the show May 2nd - she's so excited (well, me too). Looking forward to checking back on your blog to see what you thought.

Habitually Chic said...

Erika, You can always come for a visit! Or check back next week for photos!

Habitually Chic said...

Magnolia Wedding Planner, the photos I posted are from the 2007 Show House. I can't wait to see the 2008 version. I'm sure it's going to spectacular!

Habitually Chic said...

My Notting Hill, How nice to hear that a 9 year is excited about the Show House! Glad you are training her early! Can't wait to report back on this year's house!

Jessica Claire said...

ooh i'm excited to see your pics!

have a great time!

maison21 said...

loving that long, stem-like light fixture in the 3rd to last photo! if you find out any info on it, please let me know!

have fun at the showhouse- i LOVE show house's because since the designers have basically unlimited choices, it brings out their best- and their worst!

trish said...

I got a sneak peek on Tuesday and a lot of it was pretty fabulous! Enjoy!

House & Life said...

HC-Hoping I make it, but I'll be sure to check your recap of it in case I don't!! One of these times when I make it in we have to go for a cocktail!

Related Posts with Thumbnails