Sunday, August 23, 2009

Chic Scents by Le Labo

I've worn the same two perfumes for years, Narciso Rodriguez in the winter and Calypso Mimosa in the summer. Recently, I felt like I needed a change and I knew just where to go, Le Labo. Every time I walked by their counter at Barneys I kept smelling the most delicious scents so I knew I would find something I loved and that no one else would be wearing. I chose Santal 26 which is actually one of their interior sprays. I joked with the salesman that if anyone came up to me said, "hey, you smell like my room spray," I was going to bring it back but he assured me that a lot of people buy them and wear them as perfume.

My other favorite is Ambrette 9 which is a baby perfume that smells nothing like baby powder but is actually light and fresh. All of their scents have a mysterious and sexy quality, probably because they are French. They also make perfumes that are exclusive to certain cities and I can't wait to hit Colette in Paris and check out the Vanille 44. I think it might be coming home with me. I hear men respond well to vanilla and I need all the help I can get! Oh la la!

13 comments:

SK said...

I've been looking for a new scent... will have to fill my olfactory senses with le labo soon! Thanks for the recommendation - it's been hard to break away from the typical perfumes that are everywhere!

I love your "Habitually Chic" matches <3

Habitually Chic said...

SK - I forgot to mention that they have a shop on Elizabeth Street! You can get the smaller sample/travel sizes there too! I buy personalized matches for my clients so of course I had to get some for myself! They are from For Your Party!

AKCB said...

One of my favorites is Oud 27. Quite up-front, but the drydown is gorgeous.

Lauren Jade said...

WOW i just finished reading the new issue of Lucky and they featured the Le Labo perfume!! :D but Rose 31. how ironic hah.

The Consummate Hostess said...

I have been wearing the same scent, Chanel No. 5, for ages but could be in the market for a little variety. Thanks for the introduction!

Anonymous said...

Your perfume vanity is the epitome of chic! I love the hand and your jewelry is fab :)

Marisa said...

I'll definitely have to check this out! I love the tray and am obsessed with the Diptyque candles - you definitely should check out their shop in Paris!

Sallie Ann said...

I've been wearing Chanel Coco and No. 19 since I was about 16. There is something nice about having a signature scent, but I also love finding something a little unusual. I definitely want to go to Barney's tomorrow and check this out. We have a wonderful shop here in Chicago, Aromatherapy Workshop, and they will make potions for you. Their Provence scent is like spring in a bottle.

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

I wear 154 from Jo Malone because it doesn't make me sneeze. But I am do for a new try and I love how they have it personalized....what a great gift idea.

honey living said...

good for you - i once smelled an amazing orange blossom spray that i fell in love with, but when i learned it was a room spray, i abandoned it. your boldness is making me think maybe i'll go back and see if they still have it - who's to say what i can spray?

Grant K. Gibson said...

I too love the HAB CHIC matches too! Divine!
I have a Le Labo candle that I got as a gift and I just love how it has my name and date on it. Such a nice touch...

Koren said...

I love the hand displaying your jewelry! Where did you find it and who is it made by??

SignatureScent said...

Fabulous to hear about other people's perfume wardrobe. Narciso Rodriguez is also a big favourite for me. So far I haven't found a Le Labo to fall in love with - but their fragrance counters are incredible.

Related Posts with Thumbnails