Thursday, February 18, 2010

Falling for Fetherston

One of my favorite collections from fashion week was definitely Erin Fetherston. There have been more times than I can count that I have had to pass on buying a dress because a designer decided to save a few dollars on fabric with a thigh high hemline but Erin has dropped hers to ladylike levels and I'm in love! I want to order every single one! She said she was influenced by the 1960's singer/songwriter Nico. At a time when all women were wearing dresses, Nico wore pantsuits so Erin imagined the type of dresses that Nico might have worn for Fall 2010. Sometimes I wonder if I was born in the wrong decade since I love everything about the sixties from the art to the fashion but since I wasn't, I am happy that Erin Fetherston will give me a chance to feel like I was and probably with less polyester! Even better!







Photos from Style.com

9 comments:

Kelly Green said...

I am completely and utterly in love with that orange dress! It is the prefect length, colour and style! KG

Modern Traditionalist said...

That orange dress is gorgeous and the perfect color for HC!

karlee said...

Ok, I too, have always thought I should have grown up in the sixties, since I'm a bit obsessed with everything having to do with the decade! And Erin's dresses are to die for!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Each one better than the next. The all black gown, is a head-turner. Wow!

Amanda said...

love those. so flowy and feminine. Gorgeous.

sarah, flourish design + style said...

what a gorgeous collection, so feminine, soft and dreamy.

Jessica Hills said...

I love this collection - definitely one of the best I have seen in a while.

Jaime said...

Adore that sequined jacket look!

Åpent hus said...

wow. These dresses look gorgeous - and so does the apartment! I wouldn't mind slipping into the chic paris design life for a day or two! :) Regards, Open House, Norway

Related Posts with Thumbnails