Friday, December 31, 2010
Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!
This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!
I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!
-William Arthur Ward
Thursday, December 30, 2010
I'm very lucky that Estee Lauder sends me products to review because I often fall in love with crazy colors that I would never have tried on my own. I've been getting compliments on their red lipstick so I thought I would share it and a few of my other favorites with you. I think New Year's Eve is the perfect time to try something new!
- Estee Lauder Extravagant Berry Long Lasting Lipstick - Great matte color by itself but even better layer with a lip gloss. Just found out that it's Limited Edition so get it while you can!
- Estee Lauder Extravagant Plum Pure Color Lip Gloss - Also fabulous by itself but I love it layered over the Extravagant Berry Lipstick. You might want to blot some off before you kiss someone at midnight!
- Nars Mata Hari Blush - Looks a little scary bright pink in the compact but actually very natural once it's been applied with a fluffy brush. Makes me look alive in the winter when I'm pale as a ghost!
- Clé de Peu Concealer - Worth every penny! Stays creamy and covers without looking like you're wearing concealer. You'll need this for New Year's Day!
- La Mer The Treatment Fluid Foundation - Also worth every penny! It gives light coverage with SPF 15 that looks natural and feels fabulous!
- Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Custom Volumn Mascara - I love Lancôme mascara and always wear waterproof since it doesn't smudge. If you wear the red lipstick, it's best to go lighter on the eyes but don't skimp on the mascara.
- Smythson Wash Bag - There is nothing I love more than pulling out this pretty plum colored make up bag from Smythson. I don't think they make this exact bag any longer but they do have a fun magenta color still available. Happy New Year!
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
I made it safely back to New York but the snow is still piled high on every street corner. Makes me wish I had a fireplace and a fur blanket like in the home of Spanish designer Tony Espuch. Looks like a great space to throw a New Year's Eve soiree as well!
Photos by Amador Toril for Habitania via The Wonderlust Journal
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Sometimes I miss working in an office. I used to think up more creative outfits because I didn't want to bore my co-workers by wearing the same thing each week. Since the same people don't see me everyday now, I feel like my outfits have gotten a little boring. One of my New Year's resolutions is to restyle my wardrobe and take more risks. That's why I like Vogue's new online feature, Five Days, Five Looks. Who better to learn from than those who work at the chicest magazine. Senior Accessories Editor, Filipa Fino, is up this week and I love her classic style with pops of colorful accessories. She's definitely my new style idol. I will definitely be emulating her look after we dig out from the blizzard. Until then, I hope no one sees what I'm wearing! Happy New Year!
Photos by Marko MacPherson
Monday, December 27, 2010
Hope everyone had a great holiday and those of you on the East Coast are surviving the snow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my flight will take off on Tuesday but until then, I'm going to continue drooling over Naty Abascal's Madrid home. I came across it while I was flipping through Hola! magazine at Rizzoli. I don't speak or read Spanish so I can't tell you anything about it but it looks like she has a fabulous art collection. Naty was a model and is friends with Valentino so its elegance doesn't surprise me. It also doesn't surprise me that her neice is just as beautiful. They make me want to start my New Year's diet and exercise regime today instead of January too. Enjoy!
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Friday, December 24, 2010
I hope St. Nicholas leaves wonderful presents in all your stockingsthis year! Merry Christmas!
Thursday, December 23, 2010
We're taking off for the holidays but don't despair, we have uploaded lots of goodies for you while we are away. Hope you and your presents make it home safely too! Merry Christmas!
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
I can't wait to get home and see the tree that my father has put up. Until then, I will be drooling over these terrificly decorated tannenbaums! Happy Holidays!
Canadian House & Home
Canadian House & Home
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Better Homes & Gardens
Homes & Gardens