Thursday, February 3, 2011

The New Architectural Digest

I had the pleasure of attending a lunch at the Condé Nast Building today for an exclusive preview of the new Architectural Digest.  Margaret Russell walked a small group of us through the new features that debut in the March 2011 issue.  I can tell you without a doubt that you are going to love it!  The magazine hasn't changed so much that long time subscribers will be unhappy but it has been freshened up enough to now appeal to a broader audience.  I was especially excited to see the Fifth Avenue apartment of eccentric fashion iconDaphne Guinness by Daniel Romualdez and the Paris home of Pierre Passebon, antiquaire and partner of Jacques Grange.  There is also a gorgeous Mississippi home designed by Richard Keith Langham and the cover shot of room designed by Michael Smith could not look more chic.  I hope the March issue of Architectural Digest finds its way to your mailbox or local newsstand soon!

12 comments:

Picture of Elegance said...

Looking forward to receiving the next issue...Thanks for the heads- up!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Hello my Dear Heather.

AD is one of my favorite magazine. I love the quality of this magazine. They're classy and fabulous.

Thank you for this post. It's great to see this magazine here.

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

www.HomeBunch.com

Teresa at Splendid Sass said...

Can't wait. Now if they will go digital.
Teresa

Brillante Interiors said...

I love the picture of the magazine on the table. Yummy indeed has become AD again under smart Margaret. I started buying it again and enjoyed every page. Lucky you Heather to had the opportunity to have lunch with the best!

TN Mimi said...

Richard Keith Langham is a favorite. Can't wait to see the issue.

Suzy said...

I'm so glad Margaret Russell has taken over the helm of AD, because now I have another magazine to feed by addiction. Its stunning...and has managed to convert me to a fan of Michael S Smiths...that cover shot is so beautiful.

kim c said...

Yes, I've started buying AD again too. Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Heather, have you seen the Feb/Mar issue of Elle Decor? Steven Gambrel's 'Tudor Truimph' is absolutely stunning. I love every single photo & I'm guessing you will too!

Kim

The Buzz said...

I know Margaret Russell had to walk a fine line between those who loved AD the way it was and those who wanted change - and so far, she's done it with elegant flair and style! Can't wait to see the Michael Smith spread as I believe it's an apartment in NY overlooking Central Park.

tdclassicist said...

Although my work has appeared in ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST several times, and I was grateful for the coverage, it was definitely time for Paige Rense Noland to retire. I am excited, for all of us, about the magazine's future.

Emily Amy Gallery said...

I've never before subscribed to AD, but decided this morning that I will now with Margaret Russell at the healm. I can't wait for March:)

La Maison Fou said...

Interestinf news, and I will look forward to seeing it's issue. As soon as I can pull up my wellies and jaunt up to B & N to get a copy! I may be in need of a cpr of caffine after the hike!
L.

Ruthie's Renewed Treasures said...

Oh this will be refreshing!

Ruthe

Related Posts with Thumbnails