Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Art Smart

As I was decorating for Christmas, I ended up rearranging my artwork. It also got me thinking of art placement and how important it is to be able to see my favorite works.  And wishing I had more walls.  I especially love gallery wall arrangements, art sitting on shelves and overhung hallways.  Enjoy!

David Netto


Malene Birge


Malene Birger

David Netto


Giorgio Guidotti in Harper's Bazaar

Anna Wintour's old gallery wall at Vogue

Julia Leach's apartment .


Beth Rudin DeWoody in Elle Decor.

Nate Berkus

Beth Rudin DeWoody in Elle Decor.

Nathan Turner




India Hicks and David Flint Wood home in the Bahamas.




Elle Decor

Richard Mishaan in Elle Decor.


Jonathan Adler


Kate and Andy Spade

Steven Gambrel design in Elle Decor. 

House Beautiful


Steven Gambrel in Elle Decor.


Nate Berkus

J.Crew Men's Madison Avenue Store.  Photo by me.


Chris Benz Showroom.  Photo by Joseph D'Arco.

Charlotte Moss

Miles Redd

Nate Berkus in Elle Decor. 

Carlos Mota apartment in Elle Decor. 

Frederic Malle old apartment via Men's Vogue. 


Elle Decor

9 comments:

Adventures in Dressmaking said...

Nice collection of pics! Kinda shows there's no right or wrong way, huh? I love gallery walls and have a couple small ones in my home...

Carly Taylor said...

Oh my gosh. I've been framed. <--aka I'm now, yet again, salivating over frame collages. Bout to go to town on my room this week and make it happen :)

Thanks for inspiring!
-Carly @ Createlive

Pam @ Cherish Toronto said...

I'm definitely bookmarking this post for when I move next year. While the new apartment will be bigger, there are so many windows that the wall space will be limited. I love the way a gallery wall collection makes such a big impact in a space. Trying to decide which of these groupings I like the look of best. And I'm very happy to see that it's okay to mix photography with paintings, and in a variety of frames.

the designers muse said...

There is a real art to hanging art. Great photos, very inspirational.

Joy said...

im such a sucker for this kind of framing!

Casa Très Chic said...

All wonderfully displayed, I must save this on my inspirations file.
Wish you a happy Christmas.
Tereza

Cecilia said...

The red framed photographs by Steven Gambrel in Elle Decor has always been my favorite. Hands down. I have to go dig up that Elle. Do you have the issue info?

bevy said...

so many great examples. i need to get on the ball and collect more art!

Vyna St Phard said...

Collecting art is a lifetime endeavor.
You've compiled a stunning selection.
Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails