Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Art Collector

The Kips Bay Decorator Show House closes this Thursday so I hope you had a chance to visit.  Those of you who didn't, missed an amazing house but I'm going to be posting a few more of my favorite rooms so you don't feel left out.  I'm a huge fan of abstract art so of course I loved the study filled with it designed by Alexander Doherty.  I think he may have even changed my opinion of wood paneling.  He designed it for himself since he knew he would be spending a lot of time in the space.  The day bed is perfect for taking a nap or reading an art book and the desk is meant for working. I probably wouldn't get any work done though because I'd be too busy looking at all the amazing paintings.  













Designer Alexander Doherty.




Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

6 comments:

CarolAnne - camdesign said...

I totally agree, very nice office / art room... loving all the art, did you take any close ups of these pieces, I would love to see closer shots of them.

Victoria said...

I used to go to Kips Bay when I lived in NY. I am pleased to see it through your eyes now. Thanks.
Best...Victoria

judith said...

I really appreciate your detailed photo selections on all the varied aspects of the interiors at he Kips Bay Show House. So wish I could attend but I almost have thanks to your many excellent posts.

therelishedroost said...

Totally agree I loved that room and especially the art, its was wonderful!The paintings worked so well together.
:)
Karolyn

JUNCTURE said...

I could live in this room forever

www.stylejuncture.com

Cindy Nichols said...

Would you happen to know the designer of Red
bedroom dresser? Love it and would be interested in
purchasing. Thank you, Cindy N

Related Posts with Thumbnails