Friday, July 6, 2012

Chic in the Heat

It's been over 90 degrees for longer than normal in New York and much of the country recently.  Needless to say, it's hard to dress chic let alone look chic in this weather.  My first thought when choosing a dress each day is what won't I sweat in or through which usually means wearing a white dress.  But as you can see here, there are a lot of options to look chic in the heat.  I'm just really glad I don't have to wear a suit1  

Bon Weekend!


Kate Bosworth and Michael Polish

Lauren Santo Domingo and Devon Radziwill




photo by Phil Oh


Bette Davis



Jean Paul Belmondo, 1960




Jackie Kennedy Onassis

Olivia Palermo and Johannes Huebl

photo via Gaws


photo by Tommy Ton at Pitti


photo by Tommy Ton at Pitti

Cary Grant

photo by Tommy Ton at Pitti


Ines de la Fressange

photo by Tommy Ton at Pitti

Chuck Bass

Lisa Marie Fernandez


photo by Mr. Newton



Ines de la Fressange



photo by Tommy Ton at Pitti

Lauren Santo Domingo 

photo by Tommy Ton at Pitti

Miranda Kerr


photo by Tommy Ton at Pitti


Photo by Tommy Ton at Pitti

Top image: The Sartorialist

17 comments:

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

wow impressive collection! Kate Bosworth's outfit is my fave. hope you have a fabulous weekend, darling!


caroline @ patagonia gifts and jewelry

martha_susan said...

This post makes me hate that I'm at work; truly radiates summer...thanks? I think.


But really, awesome compilation.

Alice Olive said...

I am also very grateful to work in an a/c environment!

For me, the trick is finding something cool that also helps combat sunburn...

mimi said...

any chance you have a source for the dress below Lauren Santo Domingo and Devon Radziwill? I LOVE this look. Thanks Heather.

Casa Très Chic said...

Beautiful selection - like specially the looks in images 1, 5, 9, 14, 18, 34 e 35.
Have a nice weekend.
Tereza

Bluebells and Lavender said...

Beautiful images, my favourite apart from the first image which is stunning is Bette Davis in a white shirt dress. In that kind of heat I'd be shoulder deep in a cool pool if I were in NY unfortunately I'm here in England and it's raining buckets as I type! Bon weekend! Sharon

Casey said...

When it broke 100F, I broke out the skirts. Plus it's just too hot for jewelry.

Pamela RG said...

We have a heat wave here in Toronto too. A skirt or shorts with a nice shirtsleeves or sleeveless blouses are perfect for this kind of weather. I love wearing sandals during summer. My favourite outfits are of LSD, Ines de la Fressange (effortlessly chic always) and Olivia Palermo. Have a wonderful weekend!

Pamela RG said...

We have a heat wave here in Toronto too. I love the nude color shirt dress with the white bag and brown belt.I love the outfits of LSD, Ines de la Fressange(always effortlessly chic) and Olivia Palermo.

JWF said...

Love the photos...Chuck Bass may be my fav, but Gossip Girl is my one addiction.

Linda said...

How is it that Bosworth and Polish are standing so close to each other, yet are obviously in different climate zones?

Cheers!

Inner Outer Beauty said...

Beautiful selection of people and photos!
I am sure you are all tired of too hot weather...but here in Sweden we have reached a new rain record for June, and it seems to continue for July...so...I envy you!
Love Caroline

MJH Design Arts said...

Ines de la Fressange and Jackie and, of course, Cary. Always, so cool. I hope that it cools down for you New Yorkers. It has been in the high 70's out here in LA (maybe time for a quite trip?). xoxo Mary

Emma Roberts said...

Love these inspirations!

Karena said...

Heather, I Love that casually elegant summer chic!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Sarah said...

Love love love Ines!

Christine said...

Cary Grant and Betty Davis---total style icons.

Related Posts with Thumbnails